Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cake Tasting

Sorry I haven't posted about the cake tasting we did on Sunday but I have been busy getting ready for a presentation I had to give in my class Monday night. The presentation went ok but not great. I felt like I stumbled over my words a bit, partly because I wasn't 100% comfortable with the material. My instructor really liked it though and that's what matters in the end.

Ok, back to the cake tasting. The "baker" from Laulie Cakes came to our house with tons of yummy samples. Larry's mom and dad came over to partake too. We had pumpkin cake (which was our fav), Belini, Orange Creamsicle, Deulce de Leche, lemon with raspberry filling (our least fav), white cake with fudge filling, caramel, red velvet, and a basic chocolate. So, we picked our favorites, decided how many servings we need, and talked about designs. So, after all that, she came back with a price that was out of our budget and I should have expected it given all the specialty flavors we chose. Now we have to scale it down a bit and get it within our price range. No matter what we go with, the cake will be nothing less than fantastic! Here are a few pics of the tasting:





Next on the wedding planning agenda is that I am meeting with another florist to get some different ideas and prices. I'm checking out Gilded Lily in Smithton and my friend/client, Stacy, is joining me. I am also going to stop by Dave's Home Brew, where Cheryl works, to order the wine bottles and accessories we need to bottle our homemade wine. I have a short work-week thanks to Good Friday and I plan to take full advantage of it :)

The other new thing on my plate is that I picked up a temporary Saturday job at a little boutique in downtown Belleville, Circa. The owner of the store is having her first baby in May and was looking for someone to run the store on Saturdays until she gets settled with being a new mommy. So, to pick up some extra cash for the wedding, I decided to give it a whirl. The hours are from 10am-4pm but I can handle giving up my Saturdays for a while - hey, it's for a good cause, right?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun, Vicki! Did you contact Artiste de Fleurs in Belleville for the flowers? They did a fab job on my wedding!

    ReplyDelete