Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Smell the Roses

Ok, so they aren't roses but I did meet with the florist yesterday to get some ideas for wedding flowers. Angie and I went to Walter Knoll downtown STL and wow, what an amazing aroma when you walk in the door! This location is their primary store and it was huge, filled with every kind of flower you could imagine! After pulling a ton of flowers and trying different arrangements, I really like what Linda, my consultant, came up with at the end. For the bridesmaids, I decided to go with shades of orange, burgundy and yellows which is perfect for fall. I am using some of the same flowers in my bouquet but adding in a few white lilies and hydrangeas. I think the colors look really good against the blue dresses and the price is very reasonable. The best part is that being a SLU employee, I get a 20% discount - one of the many benefits I reap. Here are a few pics of the flowers but keep in mind, it was put together quickly just for some ideas and the finished product will be much cleaner and hand-tied with pretty ribbon.


Bridesmaid bouquets


This is what it will look like against the blue dresses



Rough draft of my bouquet


She wrapped these up for me to take home, how nice!

1 comment: