Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wedding Disappointment & Scare

As most of you know, Larry and I had our engagement photo session with our wedding photographer last Sunday. I was super excited about it and went all out having my hair and makeup done for the day (and it looked really good too and I can say that because I didn’t do it :-). So we had our 3 hour photo session but it did not go well at all. For one, it was 90+ degrees that day so as soon as we started I was sweating like nobody’s business. It was miserable and we were not comfortable with the poses she was having us do. It was uncomfortable for both of us and I had a feeling the pictures were not going to turn out that great – and I was right. The poses were awkward and you could tell in many of the pics that we weren’t comfortable. If you want to see what I mean, here is a link to the album on her website:

The more I looked at the pictures, the more upset I got and decided to let the photographer know we were disappointed. She thought they turned out great and obviously we have different tastes. She said she wanted us to be completely satisfied and offered to have another session with us to get more of what we want. That’s super nice of her and all but now I have to get my hair and makeup done again and hopefully it looks as good as it did the first time. This all went down between Sunday and Tuesday and I feel ok with the outcome, at least until we do the next session. If we still don’t like the pics, we are going to forfeit our deposit and look for someone else.

Now, here is the “scare” story to the blog title. Everyone knows I have been stressed out about finding the right DJ for our wedding because to me, that can make or break our party. I was so worried that I would pick the wrong one and the reception would be a flop. After months of researching different companies, I finally decided on Complete Music and sent my deposit in last week and felt good about my decision. Then, Larry and I were watching the news last night and I happen to catch the preview to a story that said “Attention All Brides” and it proceeded to talk about a local DJ scam. As I looked up, I saw the logo for Complete Music and I about flipped out! Of course they went to commercial so I had to wait a very long 3 minutes for the complete story. Turns out, the scam was from some other company and Complete Music stepped in to help this bride, whose wedding is this Saturday! Whew, what a relief but I have to admit, I had a brief bridezilla moment thanks to channel 4 news. If you care to check out the story, here it is.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the last one - where you guys are kissing behind the umbrella! And love that white dress/red shoes outfit - very cute! Next time - have a couple beers before the shoot and it will go much better ;)

    ReplyDelete