Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First Blog . . .

I'm new to this whole "blogging" fad but I thought I would give it a try just for fun. My initial thought was to set up a wedding blog but why stop there? So, this will be an all-about-me blog instead, although I'm sure the majority of my posts will be wedding related at least until October.

To back up just a bit, Larry and I got engaged on January 18th, even though he was planning to wait until Valentine's Day. I kind of blew that for him but it all worked out in the end. So we picked out my ring together, which I LOVE, and we set the date for October 30, 2010. I already have my dress and got an awesome deal at David's Bridal, they don't call me a Bargainista for nothing! I had to drive to Cape Girardeau to get the dress but it was well worth the road trip and a special thanks to Tonya and Lisa for going with me :) The ceremony will hopefully be at St. Joseph church in Freeburg (Larry's church) and the reception will be at Albert's Banquet Hall in Belleville. Our wedding party is kind of big, 6 on each side, with Chelsea and Timmy as the flower girl and ring bearer. Cheryl is my Matron of Honor and Tom (a.k.a. Stumpy) is Larry's best man. Our colors are blue and silver. And that is where the planning ends, for now. I have so many decisions to make and details to iron out but I have 8 months, right? Nancy, Cheryl, Angie and I are getting together on Feb. 20th to get some more planning done and I am getting the bridesmaids together on March 7th to go shopping for their dresses. I am confident that it will all fall into place!

Stay tuned for more details . . .

2 comments:

  1. yahoo!! so happy you are a bloggie like me now :-) keep at it!! I am very excited about your wedding!! yahooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world, Vic! Hey girl, I thought the reception was at Panorama or is that the same as Albert's?

    ReplyDelete