Thursday, July 29, 2010

Get in the zone - Auto Zone

I know it’s been like 10 years since I’ve blogged but time just seems to get away from me these days. No excuse, I know, and all I can say is “sorry”. I finally have a non-wedding story to write about so I’m taking a few minutes of my day to share. This morning I was driving to work and the Service Engine light comes on – again. It’s no secret that I hate this car and that I have not had luck with cars, whatsoever, in over a year now. So, my day starts off on the wrong foot and I’m crabby. Then, I get to work and a co-worker’s wife brings in their two little boys for a visit. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love –love -love little kids and these boys are exceptionally cute. Now my day has turned around.

I decided to use my lunch hour to take my car to Auto Zone and have them hook up that little computer thingy to diagnosis the problem. I look up the closest store and it’s on N Kingshighway so I print the directions and off I go. Little did I know I was going into the heart of the hood! I pull in the parking lot and the first thing I see is a drug deal going down. My first reaction was to leave quickly but then I was afraid that they would think I was going to the police or something and get my plate number to hunt me down (I know, I watch too much tv). So, to avoid all that, I go ahead and park. I almost run inside the store to make sure I don’t get shot or something. Now I’m in the store, that is covered with bars all around the outside, waiting for my turn in line. An African American um, er, “gentleman” walks in with his pants around his thighs, hat crooked, etc. The lady behind the counter says to him “whad you get hauled away for dis time”. Great, just great – first I witness a drug deal outside then this character walks in and is obviously no stranger to the police and all he said was “dawg, I didn’t do it, you know I didn't do it”. Finally, it’s my turn in line and the guy gets the hand-held device and takes me outside – the dealers are still there by the way. He hooked it up and what seemed like an eternity really only took 2 seconds. Turns out it’s my thermostat, which is relatively inexpensive and easy to replace – thank you God! After he gives me the printout, I high-tail it out of there and make it safely back to work to which I say again, thank you God!

1 comment:

  1. lol - glad you made it outta there safe! And - aces that the fix for your car is inexpensive! See you this week at BC! :)

    ReplyDelete